Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sunrise


I’m sitting on my front porch this morning, sipping a warm cup of coffee, writing and watching the sunrise.  Pink, yellow, orange, blue stretching out from the cliffs across the red tile roofs and palm trees below.

My neighbor’s front yard fountain shares its calming, gurgling existence.

The morning doves coo and the early birds sing their praises of this beautiful place.

I watch the cliffs turn from brown to peach to rust while their speckled green inhabitants cling to the steep rocky sides, creating one of nature’s most elaborate landscapes.

As the clouds transition to a soft white and the quiet morning continues its peaceful waking, I am once again struck by the power of this desert space on my soul.  This life transition of mine – at first glance nothing more than a bright, unending page – is gaining momentum. Looking closely, I can just make out words beginning their slow fade to black.  What will they say?

Time to take another sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and inspiring stories with our growing community of Inspiring Girls!