Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Perfect Timing

There’s a new charter school coming to my new town and I couldn’t be more thrilled (seems I’ve been using that word a LOT since learning about Valley Academy)!



With kindergarten registration just weeks away, a fantastically progressive public school with a philosophy spot on with our approach to education has literally landed in our lap. 

And while the school’s Charter and foundational philosophy is over the top exciting…it is the people involved (it always comes down to the people, doesn’t it?) that make this addition to our community so incredibly poignant.  The director brings years of international experience and a global perspective to our little town – if you know me at all you realize this alone is enough to peak my enthusiasm – and the Board exudes the passion and dedication of an effective team that has long been working towards a shared dream. 

It took us about two seconds to decide to enroll our little sweetheart.

It’s a risk to get so excited of course: many others share my enthusiasm and that interest will most likely result in more demand than supply, forcing a lottery for the launch year positions.  But even though it means we could miss out in the short term, I cannot help but spread the word and encourage others to apply.

Being a part of the launch of a new school in our new community and helping to build an inspiring educational experience for children and parents alike promises to be nothing short of amazing regardless of when the opportunity materializes for us personally.  That said, I am crossing my fingers and toes in hopes that we are a part of the inaugural class.

As my mother-in-law so eloquently noted: it is serendipitous that this school comes to Hurricane at the perfect time for our daughter.  And the perfect time for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and inspiring stories with our growing community of Inspiring Girls!