Monday, February 6, 2012

12 in 2012!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Woop!

It starts today! It was a beautiful desert morning in Southern Utah for the first of 12 races I have committed to finishing in 2012. Yep. Me.

Amy (fittingly, one of the original inspiring girls) planted the idea in my mind just before the New Year and surprisingly, I immediately loved it: run 12 races in 2012! So simple. And such a commitment.

I’ve run one race in my life and while I liked that I did it, in all honesty it did not speak to my heart. Finishing races as a way to reward myself for creating natural habits, however, seems to. It fits in well with my desire to live an active lifestyle...as a fundamental part of maintaining a soulful existence...and even I have to admit there is a pure sense of accomplishment and pride in oneself that goes along with finishing a race. That feeling alone is a motivator and if this year’s first race was any indication, it will be a productive one.

So thank you, Amy, for sharing your inspiring goal with me. It has already made a wonderfully positive impact on my life in 2012 and I can’t wait to finish a few of these races with you!

And if anyone out there wishes to join me: you have an open invitation. Just share your desire and I’ll share my race plans. After all, you might just develop a motivating little personal race series to enhance your own evolving natural habits.

One down, 11 to go. Run on, Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments and inspiring stories with our growing community of Inspiring Girls!